Help spend $150,000
on improving your school!
Open Parents' Meeting in the Hall, 9 AM Wednesday 1 June
The Federal Government announced a billion-dollar program
"Investing in Our Schools" at the last election. There is a
deadline set for 2 August 2005 for applications this year. We must
apply for this with your input. You must help us
- what to spend the money on and
- what you think is important for your school.
What sort of things could we apply for?
Here are some ideas:
- An upgrade to the electricity supply to the school
- ...then we could finally install and run the air
conditioners that P&C has already raised the money for!
- Playground equipment for your children at school;
- A small school bus;
- ...or anything else you can think of!
Why should you come?
- Come to the open meeting to decide what we should apply for.
- Come and ask to be on the committee that writes the application.
For more information about the "Investing in Our Schools"
program, see www.dest.gov.au/schools/investinginschools.
There are presentation slides at www.acsso.org.au/ios.ppt.
What if you cannot come?
If you cannot attend the meeting, but have some suggestions please
forward these to:
Joumana Chami -- President of the P & C
Khaled Sukkarieh -- President of the School Council
Alexandra Mandel -- Rel. Principal
Nick Urbanik -- Secretary of the School Council