CAMWEST News for October 2000

Sun Oct 1 00:00:00 EST 2000

*** CAMWEST NEWS OCT-NOV 2000
Online version: http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html

PETROL PRICE CRISIS AND BIKES
High petrol prices are hurting us, particularly in Western Sydney which has bad public transport and many people from lower socio-economic backgrounds. Cycling can play a very significant role in addressing our over-dependence on oil by providing an alternative to the car, particularly for (common) short trips. Governments need to accelerate their implementation of cycling infrastructure. We include a list of references.
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/

*** OTHER NEWS (http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html)
Parramatta Council Reviews Bike Plan

CAMWEST Annual General Meeting

Olympics Review

Cycleway extension progress

Liverpool Busway EIS, Meeting

Active Australia Day Preparation

RTA Removes Breakdown Lane

Cycle Rickshaws in Sydney

*** UPCOMING EVENTS
Greater Western Games
    Sunday October 8
    Parramatta Regional Park

CAMWEST Bay to Mountains ride and Active Australia Day
    Sunday October 29

Mudgee Food and Wine Festival
    Sunday October 29

Sydney to Wollongong ride
    Sunday November 19
    Call 9413 4166

Cycle Sydney
     Sunday December 3

RTA Big Ride (Oberon to Fordes)
     31 March - Sun 8 April, 2001

*** ABOUT THIS EMAIL
CAMWEST is a group of dedicated cyclists who work with local Councils, the RTA and other bodies that provide for cyclists in Western Sydney.
CAMWEST News is a brief update on our website, camwest.pps.com.au, where you can find bicycle news, rides, and advocacy resources. This email is sent every two months. Your email address is kept private - we won't give it to any third parties without your consent.

Write to camwest_group at hotmail.com if you'd like to:
.Stop receiving this email;
.Let us know of cycling related news and events we can publish;
.Tell us of suggestions for the site (or mistakes!);
.Write a letter to the site editor (http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/letters.html);
.Give us ideas of projects and improvements for cycling in Western Sydney;
.Let us know you're coming to a ride or want to get involved.

You are most welcome to send this email to others who might be interested, but please don't alter it.