CAMWEST News for June 2000

Thu Jun 1 00:00:00 EST 2000

CAMWEST NEWS - RIDING TO WORK
Many of us are too busy to do exercise, but spend hours per week stuck in traffic on our way to work. Why not ride to work and kill two birds with one stone? This is surely one of the best ways to get to work: it's healthy, cheap, and FUN!

In this issue of 'CAMWEST News' we interview a few people who ride to work. They come from a variety of backgrounds (one is a triathlete, another has recently started riding again since school), but they all love it. They give us some great tips on how to get started.
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/bike-commute.html

OTHER NEWS
Eat Streets 2000 at Parramatta
Parramatta-Liverpool Cycleway updates
John Whitton Railway Bridge completed
New Free Cycleway Map - Homebush Bay
Cycleway Redevelopment of section of Parramatta Valley Cycleway

UPCOMING EVENTS
Winter Solstice Ride
     Sunday June 25
Multi-Grain Bike Ride (Part of Parramatta's Eat Streets)
     Saturday July 1
Tizzana Winery Luncheon Ride
     Saturday August 27
CAMWEST Bay to Mountains ride
    Sunday 29 October
Sydney to Wollongong ride
    Sunday 19 November

ABOUT THIS EMAIL
CAMWEST is a group of dedicated cyclists who work with local Councils, the RTA and other bodies that provide for cyclists in Western Sydney.
CAMWEST News is a brief update on our website, camwest.pps.com.au, where you can find bicycle news, rides, and advocacy resources. This email is sent every two months. Your email address is kept private - we won't give it to anyone.

If you'd like to stop receiving this email, please send a note to molmos at ozemail.com.au and let us know.

Please send this email to others who might be interested, but please don't alter it.