CAMWEST News for April 2001

Sun Apr 1 00:00:00 EST 2001

*** CAMWEST NEWS APRIL-MAY 2001
Online version: http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html

* Feature: Web Advocacy - CAMWEST's Experience
April brings the anniversary of CAMWEST's web site. In this issue we look at the lessons we've learnt on using the web and email to advocate for better bike facilities. Our simple advice: have something to say, and say it well.

Our site has done really well, and it has been a cheap and effective way for us to communicate our message to cyclists and decision makers, as well as encouraging people to get involved in advocacy.

*** OTHER NEWS (http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html)

* Parramatta Parking Policy

* Petrol Price a Political Nightmare

* Councillor Wants Better Cycleways

* Roads to Recovery Money

* Windsor Rd Upgrade - Cycleway?

* Baulkham Hills Council Restarts Bike Committee

* Western Orbital EIS Submission Made

* BNSW Advocacy Workshop Held

* Federal Greenhouse Promotion

* Riding to the Easter Show

* State of the Environment Released

* CAMWEST Leadership Changes

* CAMWEST Needs You

*** ACTION CORNER

* Parramatta Council's Parking Policy

* Federal Government's Greenhouse Policy

*** UPCOMING EVENTS
RTA Big Ride (Oberon to Forbes)
31 March - Sun 8 April, 2001

Catchment Cycleway Trial
June, 2001

*** LAST ISSUE
* Parramatta Catchment Cycleway
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/200102.html

For an archive of previous issues, see:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/site-index.html

*** ABOUT THIS EMAIL
CAMWEST is a group of dedicated cyclists who work with local Councils, the RTA and other bodies that provide for cyclists in Western Sydney.
CAMWEST News is a brief update on our website, http://camwest.pps.com.au, where you can find bicycle news, rides, and advocacy resources. This email is sent every two months. Your email address is kept private - we won't give it to any third parties without your consent.

Write to camwest_group at hotmail.com if you'd like to:
.Stop receiving this email;
.Let us know of cycling related news and events we can publish;
.Tell us of suggestions for the site (or mistakes!);
.Write a letter to the site editor (http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/letters.html);
.Give us ideas of projects and improvements for cycling in Western Sydney;
.Let us know you're coming to a ride or want to get involved.

Please support our work by passing on this email and our web address:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/