CAMWEST News for June 2001

Fri Jun 1 00:00:00 EST 2001

*** CAMWEST NEWS JUNE-JULY 2001
Online version: http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html

* Feature: Street Reclaiming
What would it take for our suburban streets to be friendly environments, where children can play and people can walk and cycle safely, and talk without having to shout? How could we get to this picture? Is this even possible? We tackle these questions on this issue. In Brief:

- We have lost the street, mostly to the car.
- The street is part of your home environment. Take ownership of what goes on there.
- Read the summary of Street Reclaiming, by David Engwicht: http://www.plutoaustralia.com/street_reclaiming.html

*** OTHER NEWS (http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html)

* Feature: Street Reclaiming

* Parramatta Council Update

* Bay to Mountains Ride Update

*  Bike Cops are Tops!

* Rouse Hill BBQ Ride a Success

* Pollie Pedal through Parramatta

* Cyclist Killed at Greystanes

* Canal Cycleway Under Construction

* Oil Supply Document Released

* Douglas Adams Dies

* Blue Mountains RailTrail Gains Momentum

* CSIRO Precinct Plan

* Tizzana Ride Photos

* Calling Blacktown Advocates

* Hawkesbury Happenings

* US Releases New Energy Policy

* Budget Cuts Greenhouse Funds

* In the Media Lately

* CAMWEST Needs You

* Action Corner!

*** UPCOMING EVENTS
CAMWEST Bay to Mountains Ride
Sunday 28th October
(Active Australia Day).
Free lunch included!

*** LAST ISSUE
* Web Advocacy - CAMWEST's Experience
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/200106.html

For an archive of previous issues, see:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/site-index.html

*** ABOUT THIS EMAIL
CAMWEST is a group of dedicated cyclists who work with local Councils, the RTA and other bodies that provide for cyclists in Western Sydney.
CAMWEST News is a brief update on our website, http://camwest.pps.com.au, where you can find bicycle news, rides, and advocacy resources. This email is sent every two months. Your email address is kept private - we won't give it to any third parties without your consent.

Write to camwest_group at hotmail.com if you'd like to:
.Stop receiving this email;
.Let us know of cycling related news and events we can publish;
.Tell us of suggestions for the site (or mistakes!);
.Write a letter to the site editor (http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/letters.html);
.Give us ideas of projects and improvements for cycling in Western Sydney;
.Let us know you're coming to a ride or want to get involved.

Please support our work by passing on this email and our web address:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/