CAMWEST News for August 2001

Wed Aug 1 00:00:00 EST 2001

*** CAMWEST NEWS AUGUST-SEPTEMBER 2001
Online version: http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html

*** NEWS (http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html)

* Federal election Issues: improving cycling conditions is smart

* Upper Parramatta River Catchment Trust - Developments

* Elizabeth St Footbridge Go Ahead

* Western Sydney Advocacy Meeting

* Kleins Road Progress

* Speed Policed at Parramatta Park

* Childhood Obesity Triples

* Attitudes to Sport Same post-Olympics

* Australia neglects Environment

* Kyoto Talks - in Bonn

* In the Media Lately

* CAMWEST Needs You

* Action Corner!

*** UPCOMING EVENTS
Tizzana ride
Sunday Aug 26
More Info: http://camwest.pps.com.au/rides/tizz.html

CAMWEST Bay to Mountains Ride
Sunday 28th October
(Active Australia Day).
Free lunch included!

Symphony Under the Stars
Saturday September 8
Parramatta Park
A free concert by the Sydney Symphony Orchestra.

Parramatta Spring Carnival
October 4-7

Bicycling Australia Show
Sunday October 21
10am-5pm
Rosehill Gardens
4225 9111 Ring Bicycle NSW for a member's discount. Bicycle NSW - Stand 22.

Bicycle NSW Big Ride
6th - 14th April 2002
Manila to Walcha, 9 days, 580km

RTA Cycle Sydney
Sunday 18th November 2001
50km and 20km routes
Ideal for the whole family - Enjoy riding Sydney's streets in safety! Join 5,000 other cyclists as we cross the bridge.

*** LAST ISSUE
* Street Reclaiming
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/200108.html

For an archive of previous issues, see:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/site-index.html

*** ABOUT THIS EMAIL
CAMWEST is a group of dedicated cyclists who work with local Councils, the RTA and other bodies that provide for cyclists in Western Sydney.
CAMWEST News is a brief update on our website, http://camwest.pps.com.au, where you can find bicycle news, rides, and advocacy resources. This email is sent every two months. Your email address is kept private - we won't give it to any third parties without your consent.

Write to camwest_group at hotmail.com if you'd like to:
.Stop receiving this email;
.Let us know of cycling related news and events we can publish;
.Tell us of suggestions for the site (or mistakes!);
.Write a letter to the site editor (http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/letters.html);
.Give us ideas of projects and improvements for cycling in Western Sydney;
.Let us know you're coming to a ride or want to get involved.

Please support our work by passing on this email and our web address:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/