CAMWEST News for February 2001

Thu Feb 1 00:00:00 EST 2001

*** CAMWEST NEWS FEB-MAR 2001
Online version: http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html

* Feature: Parramatta River Catchment Cycleway
In this issue, we look in detail at the proposal for a shared pedestrian and bike cycleway from the Parramatta CBD travelling along the tributaries of the Upper Parramatta river to link a range of outlying areas by off-road routes. It is a crucial route since it links the Parramatta CBD, Sydney's second CBD, to areas where there's little public transport. As such it could eliminate a number of car trips.

*** OTHER NEWS (http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html)

* Holiday Road Toll - The Real Problem?

* Western Orbital EIS Released - Have Your Say

* Public Transport Growth - Bikes Needed

* Merrylands Gets VeloCops

* Parramatta Park Car Free Days

* Election Year Starts - Cycling an Issue

* Oil Prices to Increase Again

* Asthma Epidemic Danger

* Olympic Park Re-Development

* Cycle Sydney a Success

* CAMWEST's Action Corner Starts

*** UPCOMING EVENTS

RTA Big Ride (Oberon to Forbes)
31 March - Sun 8 April, 2001

Catchment Cycleway Trial
June, 2001

*** ABOUT THIS EMAIL
CAMWEST is a group of dedicated cyclists who work with local Councils, the RTA and other bodies that provide for cyclists in Western Sydney.
CAMWEST News is a brief update on our website, http://camwest.pps.com.au, where you can find bicycle news, rides, and advocacy resources. This email is sent every two months. Your email address is kept private - we won't give it to any third parties without your consent.

Write to camwest_group at hotmail.com if you'd like to:
.Stop receiving this email;
.Let us know of cycling related news and events we can publish;
.Tell us of suggestions for the site (or mistakes!);
.Write a letter to the site editor (http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/letters.html);
.Give us ideas of projects and improvements for cycling in Western Sydney;
.Let us know you're coming to a ride or want to get involved.

Please support our work by passing on this email and our web address:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/