CAMWEST News for April 2002

Mon Apr 1 00:00:00 EST 2002

streblig at pnc.com.au

* Pollies go for a Bush Pedal
* Thackery Bridge Improved!
* Transport Talks
* Riding Partner Sought
* Quick News
* In the Media Lately
* CAMWEST Needs You

*** ACTION CORNER  -  http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html#action
Write/Email to to your local state MP and the consultants Sinclair Knights Merz (transitways at skm.com.au). Express your desire for the transitway cycleways to be of commuter level. You can copy the sample letter below, but edit it yourself ideally.

transitways at skm.com.au

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am concerned that the cycleways built along the proposed North Western
Sydney Transitway Network will be of a recreational level, and that 'only when possible'. A recreational cycleway is not adequate for what is supposed to be a transport corridor. They lack the continuity, easy of travel and the safety for all of the varied users that they will attract.

We think that a high quality commuter cycleway should be built along the route. Commuter cycleways are continuous, have ease of travel and designed safety for all users whether they are pedestrians, skaters, recreational cyclists, or ardent cycling enthusiasts.

The specifications for the Transitway cycleways need to be upgraded to commuter standard and included for all Transitways even if they are not in the same corridor and have to parallel the Transitway route.

Sincerely,

<Your Name>

*** LAST ISSUE
* General Cycling News
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/200202.html

For an archive of previous issues, see:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/site-index.html

*** ABOUT THIS EMAIL
CAMWEST is a group of dedicated cyclists who work with local Councils, the RTA and other bodies that provide for cyclists in Western Sydney.
CAMWEST News is a brief update on our website, http://camwest.pps.com.au, where you can find bicycle news, rides, and advocacy resources. This email is sent every two months. Your email address is kept private - we won't give it to any third parties without your consent.

Write to camwest_group at hotmail.com if you'd like to:
- Stop receiving this email;
- Let us know of cycling related news and events we can publish;
- Tell us of suggestions for the site (or mistakes!);
- Write a letter to the site editor (http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/letters.html);
- Give us ideas of projects and improvements for cycling in Western Sydney;
- Tell us you're getting this email twice;
- Let us know you're coming to a ride or want to get involved.

Please support our work by passing on this email and our web address:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/