CAMWEST News for September 2002

Sun Sep 1 00:00:00 EST 2002

Our apologies for the second email, due to a small error, due to your webmaster wrestling with a new email system. You should now see the full email below.

See you at the 'Parra Ride to Work' and 'Bay to Mountains' rides!

Happy spring riding!
Marty

*** CAMWEST NEWS SEPTEMBER-OCTOBER 2002
Online version: http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html

*** FEATURE: Cycle Lane Design
We feature CAMWEST's preferred design for on-road cycle lanes. It fits a cycle lane between the motor traffic lane and a parking lane. This design is a much better improved solution and addresses a number of the issues raised in our report on cycling issues in the Parramatta LGA.

Full article: http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/cycle_lane_design.html

*** UPCOMING RIDES AND EVENTS
There are two exciting events coming up: the very first Ride to Work in Parramatta's CBD, and CAMWEST's very popular Bay to Mountains ride. Don't miss out!

Ride to Work Day - Parramatta
Date | 24th September
Time | 7.30 - 8.30am
Place | Banks of Parramatta river outside Riverbank
Cost | Free!
More info | call Eva Martinez at Parramatta Council on 9806 5000. (Please note the number in other places may have been wrong)

Bay to Mountains Ride
Saturday 19th October
Free lunch (you must register)
Contact Ian on 9639 4654 or macian at pentire.com.
More Info:  http://camwest.pps.com.au/rides/b2m.html

*** NEWS (http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html)
* Free Breakfast - Ride to Work
* New CAMWEST Email Address
* Child Obesity Symposium at Westmead
* Tizzana Ride A Hit!
* Rouse Hill Ride Also a Success
* New Blacktown Bike Plan
* Hawkesbury Happenings
* Holroyd Area
* Baulkham Hills Area
* Bike Lockers Available

*** ACTION CORNER  -  http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html#action
Write/Email to Parramatta Council and ask them to implement CAMWEST's preferred cycle lane design.

council at parracc.nsw.gov.au

Mayor of Parramatta City Council
P.O. Box 32
Parramatta 2124

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent efforts to improve cycling in Parramatta. Please adopt CAMWEST's preferred cycle lane design as the standard design for the Parramatta LGA. I feel it is a significantly better and safer solution.

Sincerely,

<Your Name>

*** LAST ISSUE
* Parramatta Cycling Report
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/200207.html

For an archive of previous issues, see:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/site-index.html

*** PLEASE NOTE: CAMWEST HAS NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
We have a new email address: info at camwest.pps.com.au. Please use this with your correspondence with us from now on. Many thanks to PPS (www.pps.com.au) for their continued support and hosting of our website.

*** ABOUT THIS EMAIL
CAMWEST is a group of dedicated cyclists who work with local Councils, the RTA and other bodies that provide for cyclists in Western Sydney.
CAMWEST News is a brief update on our website, http://camwest.pps.com.au, where you can find bicycle news, rides, and advocacy resources. This email is sent every two months. Your email address is kept private - we won't give it to any third parties without your consent.

Write to info at camwest.pps.com.au if you'd like to:
- Stop receiving this email;
- Let us know of cycling related news and events we can publish;
- Tell us of suggestions for the site (or mistakes!);
- Write a letter to the site editor (http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/letters.html);
- Give us ideas of projects and improvements for cycling in Western Sydney;
- Tell us you're getting this email twice;
- Let us know you're coming to a ride or want to get involved.

Please support our work by passing on this email and our web address:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/

Sent to: ^#1^