CAMWEST News for February 2002

Fri Feb 1 00:00:00 EST 2002

*** CAMWEST NEWS FEBRUARY-MARCH 2002
Online version: http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html

*** NEWS (http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OUR SUBSCRIBERS!

* Parramatta Bike Plan Updated

* Keep Parramatta Streets People Friendly

* Girl Cyclist Knocked at Westmead

* RTA Manager Talk to CAMWEST

* Bike Rack Missing - Parramatta Mall

* CAMWEST Transitways Feedback

* Bike Cops are Tops - at Cabramatta

* Triathlete Killed While Cycling

* Addicted to Oil - Articles

* In the Media Lately

* CAMWEST Needs You

* Action Corner!

*** UPCOMING EVENTS

Mobile Metropolis: Sydney's Transport Network

Sheds light on the subject of transport - illustrating the growth & organisation of Sydney's transport network, & how transport can shape a city, help to determine land use & influence our lifestyle choices.

City Exhibition Space
Level 4 Customs House
Circular Quay
Open 7 days 10am - 5pm
Free Admission
On Until 24 February 2002
9242 8555

Two talks on sustainable transport in the 21st Century by Professor John Whitelegg:

A Vision for Urban Transport Renaissance: Inspiration from International Best Practice
18th February 2002
Venue: The Heritage Centre, Parramatta.
Time: 6.00 pm

Transport and quality of life: why action is needed and empowering local communities on what they can do to bring about a better and healthier transport future.
Healthy Communities at the crossroads of Transport Policy
19th February 2002
Venue: City Exhibition Space, Level 4 Customs House, 31 Alfred St, Circular Quay, Sydney
Time: 5.30
Transport's impact on our health and wellbeing, the need for fresh directions in policy and it's implementation with some ideas to inspire.
Registration essential! Call Sinead Flavin, Smogbuster Coordinator, at 9279 2944 for a booking form.

RTA Manager Talk to CAMWEST
28th February 7.30pm
Email camwest_group at hotmail.com

Bella Vista Waters Tour de Hills Bicycle Classic 2002
Sunday 3rd March 2002

Bicycle NSW Big Ride
6th - 14th April 2002
Manila to Walcha, 9 days, 580km

*** LAST ISSUE
* Bike Issues in Parramatta Area
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/200110.html

For an archive of previous issues, see:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/site-index.html

*** ABOUT THIS EMAIL
CAMWEST is a group of dedicated cyclists who work with local Councils, the RTA and other bodies that provide for cyclists in Western Sydney.
CAMWEST News is a brief update on our website, http://camwest.pps.com.au, where you can find bicycle news, rides, and advocacy resources. This email is sent every two months. Your email address is kept private - we won't give it to any third parties without your consent.

Write to camwest_group at hotmail.com if you'd like to:
.Stop receiving this email;
.Let us know of cycling related news and events we can publish;
.Tell us of suggestions for the site (or mistakes!);
.Write a letter to the site editor (http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/letters.html);
.Give us ideas of projects and improvements for cycling in Western Sydney;
.Tell us you're getting this email twice;
.Let us know you're coming to a ride or want to get involved.

Please support our work by passing on this email and our web address:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/