CAMWEST News for July 2002

Mon Jul 1 00:00:00 EST 2002

*** CAMWEST NEWS JULY-AUGUST 2002
Online version: http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html

*** FEATURE: Parramatta Cycling Report
We have compiled a detailed report on cycling issues in the Parramatta area. There are a number of great projects in progress which is great news. However, there are also a number of concerns. A detailed downloadable report (with photos) has been prepared outlining areas risky to cyclists.

Full article: http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/parra_report.html

*** UPCOMING RIDES AND EVENTS
Tizzana Winery Ride
Sunday August 25
Contact: Rob Kemp, 02 9864 8797, robkemp at tpg.com.au
$30 for lunch, juice, water and coffee

Bay to Mountains Ride
Saturday 19th October

*** NEWS (http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html)
* North-West T-Way Meeting
* Clyde St Meeting
* Holroyd Rep Needed
* Baulkham Hills Cycleways a Goer
* M4 Viaduct Cycleway Report
* Merrylands Shopping Centre Submission
* Rooty Hill Bridge Improvement
* Rouse Hill Ride a Hit
* Liverpool-Parramatta T-Way Update
* Transport Union Public Transport Paper
* Oil Peak Seminar
* IEA Recommends on Energy and Sustainable Development
* Bike Cops are Tops

*** ACTION CORNER  -  http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html#action
Write/Email to Parramatta Council and express their enthusiasm for them fixing the problems shown in the 'Parramatta Report' we have produced.

council at parracc.nsw.gov.au

Mayor of Parramatta City Council
P.O. Box 32
Parramatta 2124

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please improve cycling facilities in Parramatta Council by following the recommendations in the 'Parramatta Report', produced by CAMWEST.

Sincerely,

<Your Name>

*** LAST ISSUE
* The Big Ride Reviewed
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/200204.html

For an archive of previous issues, see:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/site-index.html

*** ABOUT THIS EMAIL
CAMWEST is a group of dedicated cyclists who work with local Councils, the RTA and other bodies that provide for cyclists in Western Sydney.
CAMWEST News is a brief update on our website, http://camwest.pps.com.au, where you can find bicycle news, rides, and advocacy resources. This email is sent every two months. Your email address is kept private - we won't give it to any third parties without your consent.

Write to camwest_group at hotmail.com if you'd like to:
- Stop receiving this email;
- Let us know of cycling related news and events we can publish;
- Tell us of suggestions for the site (or mistakes!);
- Write a letter to the site editor (http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/letters.html);
- Give us ideas of projects and improvements for cycling in Western Sydney;
- Tell us you're getting this email twice;
- Let us know you're coming to a ride or want to get involved.

Please support our work by passing on this email and our web address:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/