CAMWEST News for November 2002

Fri Nov 1 00:00:00 EST 2002

*** CAMWEST NEWS NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2002
Online version: http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html

*** FEATURE: Childhood Obesity
There has been a welcome increasing coverage of child obesity in the media lately.childhood obesity in Australia had tripled in the past 10 years, with 19.5% of boys and 21.1% of girls now overweight or obese. CAMWEST thinks cycling could play a great role in addressing this very serious issue. Increased physical activity, together with a healthy diet, are the way to go. Incidental activity, such as cycling and walking, work well because they are integrated into children's everyday activities.

Full article: http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/child_obesity.html

*** UPCOMING RIDES AND EVENTS
Cycle Sydney
17th November
See Bicycle NSW Site
http://www.bicyclensw.org.au

*** NEWS (http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html)
* Parramatta Ride to Work Day
* Parramatta Cycling Guide Launched
* Prospect Canal Cycleway Progress
* New CAMWEST Email Address
* Bay to Mountains Ride Report
* State Elections Coming Up
* Bike Cops for NSW
* Future Dilemmas Released
* CAMWEST Rides to the Gong
* Somerville's 2003 Bicycle Cartoon Calendar
* NRMA Full Mobility
* Bike Lockers Available

*** ACTION CORNER  -  http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html#action
State Elections are coming up, so now's the time to write! Write/Email to your State election candidates, and tell them how much you care about cycling.

*** LAST ISSUE
* Cycle Lane Design
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/200209.html

For an archive of previous issues, see:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/site-index.html

*** PLEASE NOTE: CAMWEST HAS NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
We have a new email address: info at camwest.pps.com.au. Please use this with your correspondence with us from now on. Many thanks to PPS (www.pps.com.au) for their continued support and hosting of our website.

*** ABOUT THIS EMAIL
CAMWEST is a group of dedicated cyclists who work with local Councils, the RTA and other bodies that provide for cyclists in Western Sydney.
CAMWEST News is a brief update on our website, http://camwest.pps.com.au, where you can find bicycle news, rides, and advocacy resources. This email is sent every two months. Your email address is kept private - we won't give it to any third parties without your consent.

Write to info at camwest.pps.com.au if you'd like to:
- Stop receiving this email;
- Let us know of cycling related news and events we can publish;
- Tell us of suggestions for the site (or mistakes!);
- Write a letter to the site editor (http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/letters.html);
- Give us ideas of projects and improvements for cycling in Western Sydney;
- Tell us you're getting this email twice;
- Let us know you're coming to a ride or want to get involved.

Please support our work by passing on this email and our web address:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/