CAMWEST News for April 2003

Tue Apr 1 00:00:00 EST 2003

*** CAMWEST NEWS MAY 2003
Online version: http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html

*** UPCOMING RIDES AND EVENTS
Rouse Hill Ride
Date: Sunday May 18
http://camwest.pps.com.au/rides/rouse.html

Tizzana Luncheon Ride
Date: Sunday August 31
http://camwest.pps.com.au/rides/tizz.html

Bay to Mountains Ride
Sunday 19th October (Active Australia Day)
More Info

*** NEWS (http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html)
* New CAMWEST Resources
* New State Government
* Blacktown Report
* Holroyd Report
* Oil Depletion - Industry Acknowledges It
* Postcard from the Future - Rickshaws Everywhere
* News in Brief
* In the Media Lately
* CAMWEST Needs You

*** ACTION CORNER  -  http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html#action
A paper released by Woodside confirms the peak in Australia's oil production and warns of issues of Balance of Trade, energy security, and government revenue.

Write to your State representative and ask them, in view of Australia's impending rapid decline in oil production, to dramatically accelerate the implementation of BikePlan 2010 and key rail infrastructure such as the Parramatta Rail Link.

Write to your Federal MP and ask them to push for a national energy strategy that prepares us for a future with less and less oil. Ask them to fund public transport and cycling infrastructure, and to adjust the taxation system to encourage a more sustainable future.

See our sample letter (MS Word) for an example of what you could write. It's always a good idea to edit it into your own words.

See our sample letter at:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/docs/oil-letter.doc

*** LAST ISSUE
* Child Obesity
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/200302.html

For an archive of previous issues, see:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/site-index.html

*** PLEASE NOTE: CAMWEST HAS NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
We have a new email address: info at camwest.pps.com.au. Please use this with your correspondence with us from now on. Many thanks to PPS (www.pps.com.au) for their continued support and hosting of our website.

*** ABOUT THIS EMAIL
CAMWEST is a group of dedicated cyclists who work with local Councils, the RTA and other bodies that provide for cyclists in Western Sydney.
CAMWEST News is a brief update on our website, http://camwest.pps.com.au, where you can find bicycle news, rides, and advocacy resources. This email is sent every two months. Your email address is kept private - we won't give it to any third parties without your consent.

Write to info at camwest.pps.com.au if you'd like to:
- Stop receiving this email;
- Let us know of cycling related news and events we can publish;
- Tell us of suggestions for the site (or mistakes!);
- Write a letter to the site editor (http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/letters.html);
- Give us ideas of projects and improvements for cycling in Western Sydney;
- Tell us you're getting this email twice;
- Let us know you're coming to a ride or want to get involved.

Please support our work by passing on this email and our web address:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/