CAMWEST News for August 2003

Fri Aug 1 00:00:00 EST 2003

*** CAMWEST NEWS AUGUST 2003
Online version: http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html

*** Feature: Duck Creek Cycleway Proposal
Two cycleway networks are starting to form in Western Sydney. West of Woodville Road/Duck Creek throughout Greystanes, Wetherill Park, Prospect and Fairfield; and to the East based around Bicentennial Park and the Olympic site. Unfortunately, to date these are separated by a stretch of just a few kilometres. In this article, Mark Robson outlines his proposal to the Duck Creek Cycleway concept, which would connect these two networks.

Read Full Article
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/duck_creek.html

*** UPCOMING RIDES AND EVENTS
Tizzana Luncheon Ride
Date: Sunday August 31
More Info: http://camwest.pps.com.au/rides/tizz.html

Bike Week
20-29 September

Bay to Mountains Ride
Sunday 21st September
More Info: http://camwest.pps.com.au/rides/b2m.html

Ride to Work Day - Parramatta CBD
23rd September
7.30-8.30am
Parramatta Mall outside Delifrance for some breakfast specials.
More Info: Eva Martinez at Parramatta Council on 9806 5558.

Parramatta Heritage Ride
Sunday 28th September
Meet 8am at Tudor gates in Parramatta Park.
Safe and easy 20Km.
More Info: Eva Martinez at Parramatta Council on 9806 5558.

Sydney to Wollongong Ride
2nd November

RTA Cycle Sydney
30th November
Call 1800 68 68 54
More Info

*** NEWS (http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html)
* Celebrate Bike Week!
* Blacktown - International Peace Park Cycleway
* Parramatta - M4 Cycleway Complete!
* Hawkesbury - $100K Allocated
* Conflict Crossings
* CAMWEST Member Dies in Tibet
* WA Minister Acknowledges Oil Depletion and initiates Transport Energy Strategy
* Bush Energy Adviser Discusses Oil Production Peak

*** ACTION CORNER  -  http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html#action
Why not write to the Engineering Director of your council and the RTA and ask them to provide better solutions than 'conflict crossings', which put cyclists at risk and discourage others from riding (see article above).

CAMWEST's Action Corner is where we include one or two suggestions of something simple and concrete that you can do: write an email, letter, representation, turn up for a ride, etc. Join us in making a difference!

*** LAST ISSUE
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/200306.html

For an archive of previous issues, see:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/site-index.html

*** ABOUT THIS EMAIL
CAMWEST is a group of dedicated cyclists who work with local Councils, the RTA and other bodies that provide for cyclists in Western Sydney.
CAMWEST News is a brief update on our website, http://camwest.pps.com.au, where you can find bicycle news, rides, and advocacy resources. This email is sent every two months. Your email address is kept private - we won't give it to any third parties without your consent.

Write to info at camwest.pps.com.au if you'd like to:
- Stop receiving this email;
- Let us know of cycling related news and events we can publish;
- Tell us of suggestions for the site (or mistakes!);
- Write a letter to the site editor (http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/letters.html);
- Give us ideas of projects and improvements for cycling in Western Sydney;
- Tell us you're getting this email twice;
- Let us know you're coming to a ride or want to get involved.

Please support our work by passing on this email and our web address:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/