CAMWEST News for December 2003

Mon Dec 1 00:00:00 EST 2003

*** CAMWEST NEWS DECEMBER 2003
Online version: http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html

*** Feature: Fitting Bicycles to People
Sore bum, numb hands, or stiff neck? In this article, long serving CAMWEST member Danny Hannan shares his views on how to fit bicycles to people.

Read Full Article
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/index.html

*** UPCOMING RIDES AND EVENTS
Parra-Homebush Bay Loop - 30km, 15/2/04

Quack Quack Ride - 25km, 14/3/04

Cycling Central - SBS TV Show
Sunday the 14. December for 8 weeks at 5.30pm.

See our full list of 2004 rides at:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/rides

*** NEWS (http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html)
* 2004 Rides!
* Holroyd Happenings
* Western Sydney Recreational Needs Study
* Parramatta - Funding Awarded, Committee Announced
* Hawkesbury - Cycleways Progressing
* CSIRO Site Development
* Canal Project - Healthy Interest
* Cycleway Names
* Cycle Sydney Bigger than Ever
* A Daydream
* Transport Reports Released
* Oil Coverage: The Economist, ABC, International Energy Agency, Labor Council

*** ACTION CORNER  -  http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html#action
Email Transport Minister Michael Costa, and ask him to support cycling and public transport in view of increasing energy risks. Below is an example:

Email: minister at transport.nsw.gov.au

Dear Minister Costa,

There has recently been some very disappointing news about public transport. Please follow the example of your Labour colleague Alannah MacTiernan, WA Planning and Infrastructure Minister, who has recently acknowledged that "oil will be in increasingly short supply in the coming 10 to 20 years" and has as a result launched a Transport Energy Strategy (links below). This strategy will seek to shift Perth away from its high car dependence towards more sustainable modes, such as rail, cycling, and walking.

Regards,

CAMWEST's Action Corner is where we include one or two suggestions of something simple and concrete that you can do: write an email, letter, representation, turn up for a ride, etc. Join us in making a difference!

*** LAST ISSUE
Feature: The Energy Paradigm Shift
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/200310.html

For an archive of previous issues, see:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/site-index.html

*** ABOUT THIS EMAIL
CAMWEST is a group of dedicated cyclists who work with local Councils, the RTA and other bodies that provide for cyclists in Western Sydney.
CAMWEST News is a brief update on our website, http://camwest.pps.com.au, where you can find bicycle news, rides, and advocacy resources. This email is sent every two months. Your email address is kept private - we won't give it to any third parties without your consent.

Write to info at camwest.pps.com.au if you'd like to:
- Stop receiving this email;
- Let us know of cycling related news and events we can publish;
- Tell us of suggestions for the site (or mistakes!);
- Write a letter to the site editor (http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/letters.html);
- Give us ideas of projects and improvements for cycling in Western Sydney;
- Tell us you're getting this email twice;
- Let us know you're coming to a ride or want to get involved.

Please support our work by passing on this email and our web address:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/