CAMWEST News for September 2004

Wed Sep 1 00:00:00 EST 2004

*** CAMWEST NEWS SEPTEMBER 2004
Online version: http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html

*** UPCOMING RIDES AND EVENTS
Sunday 12/9/04 - Prospect loop
Easy 25 Km
Ride the Prospect canal cycleway to Prospect Reservoir then return along the Prospect Creek cycleway and rail trail to Guildford

Saturday 16/10/04 - Parramatta Heritage Ride
Easy 20km
A gentle ride around the historical sites of Parramatta on quiet streets with commentary.

Sunday 28/11/04 - RTA Cycle Sydney
Sydney's big one! Here's your chance to ride along a whole lane of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, from North Sydney to Parramatta Park.

See our full list of 2004 rides at:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/rides

*** NEWS (http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html)
* Tizzana Ride Report
* Castle Hills Markets Ride - Wet but Fun
* CAMWEST leads Advocacy Workshop
* New Shared Paths
* Cycle Connect - More Bike Lockers
* Cycleways to Recovery?

*** ACTION CORNER  -  http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html#action
With the Federal elections upon us, now is a great time to write to your MP and ask him/her to provide federal funds to improve cycle infrastructure. Cycling could make a positve impact on a number of issues of national signifcance, including health (childhood obesity just to mention one), pollution, greenhouse emissions, not to mention reducing our dependence on expensive imported oil.

*** LAST ISSUE
Feature: Beyond Peak Oil
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/200409.html

For an archive of previous issues, see:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/site-index.html

*** ABOUT THIS EMAIL
CAMWEST is a group of dedicated cyclists who work with local Councils, the RTA and other bodies that provide for cyclists in Western Sydney.
CAMWEST News is a brief update on our website, http://camwest.pps.com.au, where you can find bicycle news, rides, and advocacy resources. This email is sent every two months. Your email address is kept private - we won't give it to any third parties without your consent.

Write to info at camwest.pps.com.au if you'd like to:
- Stop receiving this email;
- Let us know of cycling related news and events we can publish;
- Tell us of suggestions for the site (or mistakes!);
- Write a letter to the site editor (http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/letters.html);
- Give us ideas of projects and improvements for cycling in Western Sydney;
- Tell us you're getting this email twice;
- Let us know you're coming to a ride or want to get involved.

Please support our work by passing on this email and our web address:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/