CAMWEST News for February 2004

Sun Feb 1 00:00:00 EST 2004

*** CAMWEST NEWS FEBRUARY 2004
Online version: http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html

*** UPCOMING RIDES AND EVENTS
Parra-Homebush Bay Loop - 30km, 15/2/04

Quack Quack Ride - 25km, 14/3/04

Cycling Central - SBS TV Show
Sunday the 14. December for 8 weeks at 5.30pm.

Lower Prospect Canal Reserve and Cycleway - Celebration
You are invited to celebrate the completion of the cycleway and reservation of the land as Crown reserve.
Scout Hall, Boothtown Reserve, Gipps Rd, Greystanes
Sunday 15 February 2004, 10.30am to 2pm
Activities: BBQ, Guided bike ride, bike maintenance advice, heritage talks, information displays.

Prospect to Fairfield cycleway Open Day
Feb 7th at Long St Park fromÊ 9.00 am.

See our full list of 2004 rides at:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/rides

*** NEWS (http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html)
* 2004 Rides!
* Holroyd Happenings - Cycleway Opens
* Blacktown - Bike parking and connections
* Parramatta - Council Steering Committee Starts

*** ACTION CORNER  -  http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html#action
Join CAMWEST and get involved in creating better facilities for cyclists around Western Sydney.

*** LAST ISSUE
Feature: Fitting Bicycles to People
Sore bum, numb hands, or stiff neck? In this article, long serving CAMWEST member Danny Hannan shares his views on how to fit bicycles to people.
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/index.html

For an archive of previous issues, see:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/site-index.html

*** ABOUT THIS EMAIL
CAMWEST is a group of dedicated cyclists who work with local Councils, the RTA and other bodies that provide for cyclists in Western Sydney.
CAMWEST News is a brief update on our website, http://camwest.pps.com.au, where you can find bicycle news, rides, and advocacy resources. This email is sent every two months. Your email address is kept private - we won't give it to any third parties without your consent.

Write to info at camwest.pps.com.au if you'd like to:
- Stop receiving this email;
- Let us know of cycling related news and events we can publish;
- Tell us of suggestions for the site (or mistakes!);
- Write a letter to the site editor (http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/letters.html);
- Give us ideas of projects and improvements for cycling in Western Sydney;
- Tell us you're getting this email twice;
- Let us know you're coming to a ride or want to get involved.

Please support our work by passing on this email and our web address:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/