[CAMWEST-announce] CAMWEST newsletter July 2005

Martin Olmos molmos at uow.edu.au
Mon Jun 27 15:53:00 EST 2005

*** CAMWEST NEWS JULY 2005
Online version: http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html

*** FEATURE: Enjoy Parramatta Heritage - on Your Bike!
o Where is the bath house Governor Brisbane built himself to soothe
  his arthritis?
o Where are two of the five clocks given to the colony by King George
  IV in 1822?
o Where is Australia's oldest publicly-owned building?
o Where did Governor Fitzroy's wife die, after her carriage overturned
  when the horses bolted?
o Where can you find Australia's (arguably!) oldest licensed hotel?

The answer to all these is Parramatta, a place wonderfully rich in
history in the very heart of Sydney. And you can visit all these
places on your bike, with a little help from your friends at CAMWEST,
and their brand new Parramatta Heritage Ride website.

Full Article
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/parra_heritage.html

*** UPCOMING RIDES AND EVENTS

Parramatta Heritage Ride - Sunday 25th September, a ride to celebrate
the launch of the heritage website.

See our rides page at:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/rides

*** NEWS (http://camwest.pps.com.au/index.html)
* Bicycles - Legal Status?
* Holroyd Happenings

*** ABOUT THIS EMAIL

CAMWEST is a group of dedicated cyclists who work with local Councils,
the RTA and other bodies that provide for cyclists in Western Sydney.

CAMWEST News is a brief update on our website,
http://camwest.pps.com.au, where you can find bicycle news, rides, and
advocacy resources. This email is sent every two months. Your email
address is kept private -- we won't give it to any third parties
without your consent.

Write to info at camwest.pps.com.au if you'd like to:
- Stop receiving this email;
- Let us know of cycling related news and events we can publish;
- Tell us of suggestions for the site (or mistakes!);
- Write a letter to the site editor
  (http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/letters.html);
- Give us ideas of projects and improvements for cycling in Western Sydney;
- Tell us you're getting this email twice;
- Let us know you're coming to a ride or want to get involved.

Please support our work by passing on this email and our web address:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/