[CAMWEST-announce] Overhaul of the web site: please check for breakage :-)

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Wed Sep 6 18:37:38 EST 2006

Dear CAMWESTies,

I have finally written a program to automatically edit all the html
files on our web site.  Now my programming is not perfect, and it is
quite possible/likely that something has been seriously broken.  I
have converted *all* the old html files to the new format.  I have
made the archives page link to the pages in the new format.  The old
pages are still there, with an extension of .html; the new pages have
an extension of .shtml.  If there are no problems that anyone reports,
I will make redirects from all the old pages to the new ones, so that
the old format pages are no longer accessible.

Please have a look and let me know of any problems.

I have also overhauled the album page manually: have a look at
http://camwest.pps.com.au/aboutus/album.shtml

Please let me know if the site does not work in your particular
browser, as I have not been able to check it in IE on the Macintosh.
Please note that it seems quite broken on IE5; please let me know if
that is a problem for you, and I'll see what I can do.
Nick Urbanik   RHCE         http://nicku.org        nicku at nicku.org