[CAMWEST-announce] CAMWEST News Letter: September 2006

CAMWEST info at camwest.pps.com.au
Fri Sep 22 10:23:39 EST 2006

CAMWEST News September 2006
===========================

RIDES
-----

CAMWEST have run a large number of rides this year, attracting large
numbers of cheerful people to enjoy cycling together.
http://camwest.pps.com.au/rides/past.shtml

We have five rides coming up this year so far, the first of which is
*tomorrow*:

    * Sat 23 Sept 2006 1:00 PM: Olympic Park Fountain
      *Note* the start time is *1:00 PM*, not 1:30.

    * Sat 7 Oct 2006 9:00 AM: Blacktown Tour

    * Sun 15 Oct 2006 6:00 AM Ride of Seven Hills: Fitness
      preparation ride for 5 Nov 'Gong ride

    * Sun 12 Nov 2006 8:00 AM: Parramatta Heritage Ride

    * Sun 3 Dec 2006 7:30 AM: Parramatta River Explorer

Please come and join in the fun!  Details of the rides are on our
site:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/rides/

P.S.  Please bring a spare tube with you!

NEW ARTICLES
------------

# Ian Macindoe has written two articles: one is on the front page of
  our web site, talking about what CAMWEST is:
  http://camwest.pps.com.au/

  The other discusses the nature of advocacy and makes an interesting
  read:
  http://camwest.pps.com.au/advocacy/what-is-advocacy.shtml

# We have a lot of news from Parramatta, resulting from the last
  meeting of the Parramatta Cycleways Committee of Paramatta Council,
  and the tireless efforts of Ian Macindoe.
  http://camwest.pps.com.au/parramatta-council/

# Cyclepath, Bus Lane or Road Commuter Route? --- an article comparing
  cycling over a bicycle path, a route using bus lanes, and a route
  over the roads.
  http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/parramatta-peak-hour-route.shtml

# Children Riding Bicycles --- parents of young cyclists may want to
  read this.
  http://camwest.pps.com.au/projects/children-and-bicycles.shtml

# Our Peak Oil page has some new articles and discussion:
  http://camwest.pps.com.au/projects/oil.shtml

CHANGES TO OUR WEB SITE

After a sluggish start, Nick Urbanik has finally picked up the bit
from Martin Olmos, who did such a great job building the site.  He has
updated and changed *everything*.  The reasons for the changes are
explained here:
http://camwest.pps.com.au/projects/website-changes.shtml

The site now looks quite different, and hopefully, should be easier to
use.  Please tell Nick if it's not, and he will do something about it:
info at camwest.pps.com.au