[CAMWEST-announce] Riverstone Lions Ride to Riverstone Festival

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Sun Apr 5 12:35:53 EST 2009

Fellow CAMWESTies,
?????????????????????????????? we have been invited to collaborate with, plan?and assist the Riverstone Lions Club in conducting their inaugural Ride to Riverstone Festival. Riverstone Lions hope to make this an Annual Event in a similar vein to the Castle Hill Rotary Club's Tour de Hills.The Ride to Riverstone Festival will be held on Saturday 16 May 2009 commencing at Rooty Hill at 8.00am.

Planning has been underway for some time and a decision was made to run a short event this year as a practice run for future events.

This year, we plan to ride from Rooty Hill to Riverstone via the M7 Cycleway, Sunnyholt Road and the Windsor Road Cycleway. Nearly alll of the event will be off road & suitable for riders of all ages. The total distance is just under 30km's and about 3 km will involve a ride along Crown St Riverstone from Windsor Road to the Riverstone Festival. A full description is available on the CAMWEST website (http://camwest.pps.com.au) click on the rides link. There is also an online Registration Form on line ( Thanks Nick Urbanik, Michael Goard & Rob Kemp for your efforts there). We have planned shorter options where riders can join us at the Shell Service Station on Sunnyholt Rd, Quakers Hill Railway Station, Ettamogah Pub & The Living Planet Nursery on Windsor Road. We anticipate that the full event will take about 3 hours to complete for the slowest riders. There will be valet parking available at the Festival for a gold coin donation & there will also be an opportunity to ride in
  the Street Parade.

After the Festival there will be a ride from Riverstone to Rooty Hill Via Richmond Road. This ride will be led by Rob Kemp. This is a distance of 13 km. There will also be options to take a train from Riverstone to? Blacktown via Quakers Hill. Change at Blacktown for Rooty Hill or any other home destination. Trains run from Riverstone to Blacktownabout every 15 minutes & to Windsor about every half hour.

Now here comes the bite. CAMWEST will try and provide on Ride Support for the ride and we need volunteers. We will also have some spots available for marshalls & assistants at the various start points.

If youare able to provide any assitance with this event and would like to volunteer some time, between 1 & 4 hours from 7.00am, please contact me on jonhol2 at netscape.net on 0410662390.

Get a FREE AOL Email account with unlimited storage. Experience Email and instant messaging together - chat while you mail and mail while you chat! Register for your free email account at http://free.aol.com.au