[CAMWEST-announce] Cycle Training

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Sun Apr 5 20:14:23 EST 2009

                         FREE CYCLING LESSONS
Fellow CAMWESTies,

                                      Recently I applied for & was successful in obtaining a voucher, on behalf of CAMWEST from the Department of Environment & Climate Change (DECC) for $395.00 (inc GST) which can be used to pay for an AustCycle Accredited Trainer to run a cycling training course for adults. All CAMWEST has to do is organise the participants, a venue & dates.

The requirements are:
 * Participants need to be adults (over 16 yrs old)

• all participants need to bring their own bike which is in good working order, a bike helmet, and have a basic ability to ride.

• the Voucher will cover the cost of a training course for 6 to 12 people, consisting of three two-hour sessions (run on separate days).

The requirements are:
 * Participants need to be adults (over 16 yrs old)

• all participants need to bring their own bike which is in good working order, a bike helmet, and have a basic ability to ride.

• the Voucher will cover the cost of a training course for 6 to 12 people, consisting of three two-hour sessions (run on separate days).

This training will be aimed at adults who have basic cycling=2
0skills but wish to develop those skills with the aim of ultimately riding on the road. here is an extract from the AustCycle website setting out the course aims:-

AustCycle Level 2 (Intermediate) -

 develops road safety skills and traffic awareness.

It can be delivered to adults and seniors of intermediate skill.

Riders participate in a range of cycling skill sessions and specific traffic safety sessions.

Level 2 teaches skills in an off-road environment, to enable participants to ride on-road.

Some activities are conducted on quiet roads.

More information is available at http://www.austcycle.com.au/

So, do you know someone who has basic cycling skills, but lacks confidence to ride in areas other than a closed environment & would like to improve their skills?

If you do, then have them contact me for further details & register their interest. I anticipate the course will be held in the Parramatta or Merrylands area over 3 consecutive weekends and I would like to see the maximum number (12) of cyclists attend. Contact me at jonhol2 at netscape.net or by phone on 0410662390.

Get a FREE AOL Email account with unlimited storage. Experience Email and instant messaging together
- chat while you mail and mail while you chat! Register for your free email account at http://free.aol.com.au