[CAMWEST-announce] Upcoming CAMWEST rides & happenings

Rob Kemp robkemp at tpg.com.au
Sun Aug 2 21:50:50 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

Here are a few things that CAMWEST members are involved with over the
next couple of months.  We'd love to have you join us!

- Sat Aug 15th - Slow 'meander' around Sydney Olympic Park.  Distance:
Approx 17km (mostly on shared paths) Start at 'Lilies on the Park' cafe
in Bicentennial Park at 10am. Bike hire available. See
http://www.sydneycyclist.com/events/sydney-olympic-park-meander for more
details.

- Sun Sept 13th - Sustainable House Day ride.  Visit several houses in
the Inner West that will be open to the public for the day as part of
this year's Sustainable House Day.  See
http://www.sustainablehouseday.com/ and
http://www.sydneycyclist.com/events/sustainable-house-day-ride (more
information in a few weeks).  Distance approx 20lm

- Sun Sept 27th - Sydney Spring Cycle.  4 possible routes, including a
45 km from Blacktown (Rooty Hill) and 50km route from Liverpool into
Sydney Olympic Park. Both these routes are mainly along shared paths.
ALSO, volunteers required.  Volunteer as a route marshall for a few
hours, then get to ride the rest of the route into Sydney Olympic Park
for free.  See http://www.springcycle.com.au for entry/volunteer
details, or email robkemp at tpg.com.au for questions about volunteering.

- Oct 3-5 (Long Weekend)  3 Day tour to Wheeny Ck and Wisemans Ferry.
See http://www.sydneycyclist.com/events/october-long-weekend-tour for
details.

Also, I'm in the process of adding cycling routes around Western Sydney
to the Open Cycle Map
(http://www.opencyclemap.org/?zoom=11&lat=-33.82227&lon=151.15313&layers=B000).
OpenCyclelMap is part of the Open Street Map Project. Basically it's a
wiki style editable map. Routes/features on the map are tagged, and
OpenCycleMap extracts or highlights the cycling related features.If
anyone would like to help or become involved, I've started a discussion
group on Sydney Cyclist (See
http://www.sydneycyclist.com/group/opencyclemap).  Feel free to email me
at robkemp at tpg.com.au.  I hope to have most of the paths and routes
around Western Sydney mapped within 6 months or so, but extra assistance
would help speed up this process!

Feel free to join Sydney Cyclist, and the CAMWEST group there too
(http://www.sydneycyclist.com/group/camwest).

cheers,

Rob