[CAMWEST-announce] Bcycle NSW Volunteer of the Year.

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Sun Nov 8 23:55:08 EST 2009

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                               just a brief note to let you all know the results of the BNSW Volunteer of the Year Awards.

Our very own Treasurer, Rob Kemp was the very deserving recipient of the award for 2009 Male Volunteer of the Year & I congratulate Rob on his efforts that led to him winning this award. Rob is one of the most active members of CAMWEST having involved himself as a Sector Leader for the Blacktown leg of the Spring Cycle for the past two years. He is also our most prolific Ride Leader as well as Treasurer. He is also actively involved in planning for the Ride to Riverstone Festival to be held on 15 May 2010 and also a co-ordinator for the Sustainable House Day. On top of all that, Rob finds time to provide personal tuition to new cyclists and is also an avid rider for his own enjoyment. He is also a regular contributor to Bikely & Open maps, riding many kilometres searching out new bike routes and evaluating existing ones. His level of commitment to cycliing is such that he does not own a car, choosing to cycle or utilise public transport instead.

On a personal note, Rob has been of great assistance to me as Chairman of CAMWEST. If there is a job to be done, Rob will often abandon other pursuits when asked to assist & nothing is too hard for him.

I have passed on my personal congratulations to Rob on this wonderful achievement. Well done Rob, a very well deserved honour.

John Holstein
Chairman, CAMWEST (http://camwest.pps.com.au) advocating for better cycling infrastructure for Sydney's West.