[CAMWEST-announce] Super Tuesday Bike Counts

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Mon Feb 22 19:22:27 EST 2010

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                there are a few things happening in the background of CAMWEST at the moment & whilst we don't seem too busy, here is what has been going on.

RIDE 2 RIVERSTONE FESTIVAL

Rob Kemp, Michael Goard & myself have been busy asisting the Riverstone & District Lions Club with the planning & organisation of the Inaugural 100k Version of the Ride to Riverstone Festival. This has proven to be a fairly large task.
A series of four rides covering 100, 80,50, 25 & 10 Kilometres have been planned utilising a start and finish site at Riverstone to coincide with the 200th Anniversary Celebrations of the Settlement of Riverstone. The rides will cover areas such as Marayly, Annangrove & Rouse Hill. We will be seeking volunteer Marshalls & on ride support riders in the very near future. The date is Saturday 15 May 2010 & more information including registration is available here http://ride2riverstone.com.au/
Profits will go to the Childrens Cancer Institute of Australia.

SUPER TUESDAY BIKE COUNT

This event is set down for Tuesday 1 March 2010. Here is a chance to earn $50-00 for the BUG of your choice ( from a list of registered BUGS- unfortunately we didn't register) or a selection of listed charities. There are plenty of sites available within the Parramatta, Hills & Holroyd Areas as well as other sites across Sydney. Register now for the chance to earn that $50-00, pleus a free T-Shirt. You can register here: http://www.bv.com.au/bike-futures/91111/

HERITAGE RIDE

Paul Bowyer's popular Heritage Ride is on again on Sunday 28 March 2010 starting at 8.00am from the Tudor Gate George St Entrance to Parramatta Park. If you haven't experienced Paul's informative historical perspective on Australia's second oldest City, then you don't know what you are missing. Bring the kids & Mum or Dad along for a very leisurely 20 k bicycle meander around Parramatta, followed by coffee in Parramatta Park. Give Paul a call on the mobile number listed on our website if you are coming so he can warn the cafe beforehand.

RIDE2RIVERSTONE FESTIVAL WARM UP RIDE

Rob Kemp has planned a warm up ride of 80k for the Ride2Riverstone Festival 8:00 AM, Saturday 17 April 2010 — Riverstone 80km Loop, shorter 26 km Rouse Hill Loop starting about 11:00 AM See the website, Push On http://www.pushon.com.au/rides/RidesCalendar_byBUG.asp?BugID=20&Submit=Select+Rides or Sydney Cyclist http://www.sydneycyclist.com/events/riverstone-80km-loop