[CAMWEST-announce] Bicycle Parking Innovations & Ride to Riverstone Festival.

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Wed Apr 7 16:54:39 EST 2010

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                               here is an link to the an innovation that will be featured on tonight's ABC New Inventors Programme that may interest some of you, especially those without any end of trip facilities in your work place. I first saw these featured in a presentation by Bike Sydney & in my opinion have a lot of potential to provide cheap & convenient end of trip facilities at workplaces all over the country.

On a further note, many of you may be aware that plans are well underway for the inaugural Ride2Riverstone Festival http://ride2riverstone.com.au/. The event will be held on 15 May 2010 (Sat) & there are rides for all ages over 10, 30,55,80 & 100 Km. All of the routes over lap & provide some varied options for riders of all abilities.

These events, unfortunately have a high labour cost & we are looking for volunteers to service some of the 80 plus Marshal sites along the route as well as people to attend four rest stops & the start & finish. Your labour requirement would be about 5 hours maximum & would simply involve attending one of the many intersections on the routes & providing support for the cyclists in the form of encouragement, assistance with minor injuries as well as providing an important visual link between cyclists and motorised traffic.

So, if you aren't riding in the event & have some hours to spare to support the Children's Cancer Institute of Australia & the Rural Fire Services could you please let me know of your availability as soon as possible by email. All I need is a name, contact phone number, previous experience, if any & your available times.

The ride will commence at 0730 & we hope to have the route clear of riders by 1200, so your commitment would be a maximum of approximately 6 hours by the time set up & pull down is finished.

We are hoping to get a fair contingent from the RFS, but the more the merrier.

ph 0410662390 or 96862391

=