[CAMWEST-announce] Fwd: O'Connell Street, Parramatta - Proposed Shared Pedestrian/Cycleway Upgrade - Parramatta Council is seeking your feedback

John Holstein jonhol2 at aim.com
Fri Apr 9 20:10:58 EST 2010

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                  Parramatta City Council are proposing to build some more off road cycling facilities. Letters of support ( or non support) are being sought. When replying, please try and avoid commenting on how it fails to link up with anything etc,. as Council is aware of the shortfalls. Unfortunately they don't have the funds available to complete all the work we would like to see done at one time, so let's be thankful for little gifts at this time.

This path will provide some good offroad access to Parramatta Park via O'Connell St with a link to Albert St, which ultimately becomes Pennant Hills Road. It is a nice detour around the busy North Parramatta Section of Church St.

Replies & comments to Council, Not Myfanwy Lawrence please.

O’Connell Street, Parramatta - Proposed Shared Pedestrian/Cycleway Upgrade

Construction of a shared pedestrian/cyclepath along the eastern footpath of O’Connell Street, from George Street to Albert Street, Parramatta, has been included in Council’s Local Bicycle Facilities Program for the current financial year and a design for these works is currently being prepared.

The proposed shared pedestrian/cyclepath forms part of the 2009 Parramatta Bike Plan which was adopted by Council in April 2009 with missing links of the Bike Plan progressively being constructed as funds become available.

A plan of the proposed works can be viewed either on Council’s website http://www.parracity.nsw.gov.au/council/on_exhibition/have_your_say/proposed_shared_pedestriancycleway_upgrade, or at the Parramatta City Council Administration Building, Ground Floor, 30 Darcy Street, Parramatta, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30pm.

The exact length of cycleway to be constructed this financial year is dependant on the availability of funds upon Council seeking quotes for the work. In this regard, those properties immediately affected will be further notified of Council’s intention to commence works.

Should you require any additional information or wish to comment on the proposal, please contact Ms Myfanwy Lawrence on 9806 5300, by 16 April 2010, so as to avoid delays in the design and construction process.

Myfanwy Lawrence

Parramatta First*- The Leading City in the Heart of Sydney

THINK before you PRINT

Visit http://www.parracity.nsw.gov.au
the Loop, Parramatta's Free City Bus, leave the car, take the Loop

Attention: This e-mail is privileged and confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient please delete the message and notify the sender.
The use, copying or distribution of this message or any information
it contains, by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited
by Parramatta City Council.  Any views or opinions presented are solely
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of the Council.
Think before you print - help save our environment