[CAMWEST-announce] Demise of CAMWEST?

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Sat Jul 10 23:11:46 EST 2010

Hello fellow CAMWESTIES,

please take some time to visit this thread on Sydney Cyclist

http://www.sydneycyclist.com/forum/topics/advocacy-in-the-workplace-so?page=1&commentId=1321712%3AComment%3A168530&x=1#1321712Comment168530

The start of the thread by Rob & subsequent comment by Streetsweeper, (Phil) prompted me to think about the future of CAMWEST. I realise that many of us lead very busy lives and find it difficult to dedicate time to a lot of separate issues, but several recent requests for assistance have resulted in almost negligible response. My recent call for assistance with incorporation prompted only one response & that was from another group with a totally different focus.

To say I was disappointed is a slight understatement & has lead me to think that there is a need to either revive CAMWEST or let the group go into recess for a time.

I will continue to advocate for better cycling facilities, but under my own name, but to continue CAMWEST without adequate support is becoming more difficult as time goes on as we don't even have an active management team at present.

There are a couple of projects in the pipeline between now & October, but beyond that time ..................

I look forward to your responses.

=