[CAMWEST-announce] Fwd: From Lachlan Macquarie to today: Urban Planning in NSW

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Tue Jul 20 15:06:15 EST 2010

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                              this may be of interest to some of you.

From: Amy Sambrooke <A.Sambrooke at uws.edu.au>
To: jonhol2 at netscape.net
Sent: Tue, Jul 20, 2010 3:01 pm
Subject: From Lachlan Macquarie to today: Urban Planning in NSW

Dear CAMWEST,

The Whitlam Institute is co hosting an event next week that we thought that you and your networks may be interested in. There are three forums in total, but it is the second forum on Urban Planning that would be of particular interest.

We would be very appreciative if you could circulate this information to your networks.

The Whitlam Institute and Riverside Theatres are presenting a three course banquet of erudition and revelry on Crime, Punishment & Urban Planning in NSW as part of ParraMac, Parramatta’s celebrations of the bicentenary of Lachlan Macquarie’s Governorship of NSW.

SECOND COURSE A Dog’s Breakfast or a Moveable Feast? Should Parramatta be torn down and redeveloped from scratch?
7pm WEDNESDAY 28 JULY, $15.00
A forum on the future of Greater Sydney’s urban design and planning with Bob Meyer, Director of Planning, Cox Richardson Architects and Planners, Philip Thalis, founding principal of Hill Thalis Architecture + Urban Projects and Elizabeth Farrelly, author and Sydney Morning Herald columnist.

Governor Lachlan Macquarie had big plans for Parramatta. Come along to this forum to hear some of Sydney’s best and boldest architectural and urban planning thinkers debate ideas about population, sustainability and the modern city.

VENUE: RIVERSIDE THEATRES, CNR CHURCH & MARKET STREETS
BOOKINGS: 02 8839 3399 WWW.RIVERSIDEPARRAMATTA.COM.AU
MORE INFORMATION: http://www.whitlam.org/the_program/the_grand_macquarie_feast

Many thanks!

Amy

Amy Sambrooke
Communications Officer
Whitlam Institute
within the University of Western Sydney
Parramatta Campus
Ph: 02-9685 9072
Email: a.sambrooke at uws.edu.au

Open the drawers of Gough Whitlam's filing cabinets by visiting the Whitlam Prime Ministerial Collection online