[CAMWEST-announce] 350.org invitation

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Fri Sep 3 16:39:33 EST 2010

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                               we have been invited to join with ParraCAN (Parramatta Climate Action Network) to organise an event in Parramatta Park on 10/10/10 .

We need 350 cyclists, or pedestrians, or other forms of non motorised transport to complete a symbolic 350 laps of Parramatta Park. So, if only one person turns up, then they will need to do 350 laps, if 10 turn up, then 35 laps each if 100 turn up, then 3 and a half laps each or one lap each if we get 350 people. We also need some volunteers to assist with marshalling & associated duties & if any of you are licenced traffic controllers, we would love to have four of you provide us with one hour of traffic control duties while the event is being held.

Here is your invitation, bring your bike, skateboard, roller blades, wheelchair or scooter. If you must drive, please park in the Swimming Pool Carpark, O'Connell St, Parramatta & take a short walk to Salters Field.

Invitation

All CAMWEST Supporters

are invited to the 350.org Bicycle Ride around Parramatta Park on 10th October  2010 -10/10/10. Assemble in Salter’s Field Area, No 8. (Near the Dairy Precinct)
This event is being held by Parramatta Climate Action Network (ParraCAN) and CAMWEST and is part of an international event being held all around the world to raise awareness of the need to lower carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere from 390 parts per million back to 350 ppm. We hope to have 350 cyclists doing one lap of the park each.

Start time: 10am
Riders start: 12.00pm
Finish time: 2pm

There will be food and drink (non alcoholic) stalls as well as other stalls at the park so bring your family and enjoy the day.

Please RSVP to John Holstein ( jonhol2 at netscape.net )

Before 8/10/10