[CAMWEST-announce] Ride Leader Training & CAMWEST Name

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Wed Oct 13 15:17:50 EST 2010

Hi Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                   I started the process of incorporating CAMWEST today by registering our name with the Department of Fair Trading. Once Incorporation is complete, we will be known as "CAMWEST Bicycle User Group Inc".Unfortunately, our simple name of CAMWEST had already been registered with Fair Trading as a PTY Ltd name.

The process from now is to apply for incorporation. I have drafted a constitution for CAMWEST Bicycle User Group Inc using a set of model rules provided by Fair Trading with some slight modifications regarding our aims & objectives. I have not specified membership fees for full & associate membership at this time.

Unfortunately I am unable to attach them to this email due to size restrictions set by our web page hosting service, so should you wish to view the proposed rules, please email me at jonhol2 at netscape.net & I will email them to you direct.

Also, we have at least one position available & possibly two on the Bicycle NSW Ride Leader Training Course

Saturday 20 November; 8am - 3.30pm

Bicycle NSW Ride Leader Training courses are held 3 times a year. The course aims to increase the level of knowledge and skill among ride leaders and to bring about better-organised rides, better-planned rides and better-conducted rides.

To be eligible for this course you must belong to an incorporated BUG, affiliated to Bicycle NSW and be a Bicycle NSW Member.

If you would like to participate in this course, please contact me initially & I will organise your registration. There is a cost of $44-00 to complete the course & CAMWEST will meet that cost with a condition that you lead at least four rides on behalf of CAMWEST in the first 12 months following the course.

You will be required to be a member of Bicycle NSW as well & should that be a financial burden, CAMWEST may consider meeting all, or some of that cost on application by the person wishing to undertake the course. That decision will be subject to consideration of the executive who will make a recommendation at the next meeting of the BUG.

PH 96862391 (H) 0410662390 (M)