[CAMWEST-announce] New Bike Route Initiative

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Sat Oct 16 07:34:46 EST 2010

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                               the State Government  has launched a great new initiative here
http://mybikeroute.info/

My Bikeroute is a 10-week trial to get information from cyclists about the bikeable and potentially bikeable network – those local street and path connections that are quieter, more direct, less hilly or simpler to navigate than a busy road.

Here is an opportunity to add to the cycling network in the west & north west of the city, or in fact anywhere you ride. Do you have a favourite route to get from home to work, a training ride or a recreational ride? Here is a chance to add to the possible routes that can be ridden across the state.

Simply log into the site above & log your ride. I'm sure you all know a designated cycle route that doesn't really fit the needs of cyclists, so here is a chance to remedy the situation.

I believe there may be an audit system implemented to ensure the routes are properly rated etc & I believe Local Government Areas may use this information to develop local routes with adequate signposting.

Please don't leave this to someone else to do. If you ride anywhere in Sydney, or NSW please contribute at least one route. You can upload GPS Data or draw the route directly into the website.

So, get on ya bikes & map your rides.