[CAMWEST-announce] Fwd: Bike Culture - does it and should it exist?

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Fri Nov 12 16:47:25 EST 2010

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                               here is an event that may be of interest to some of you. These events, staged by BikeSydney are quite interesting discussions.

Dear fellow bike rider and cycling supporter,
On Tuesday 16 November, BIKESydney will host its fourth and final BrainsTrust forum for 2010. This time we’ve turned our attention to the often contentious issue of ‘Bike Culture’.  New York Bike Snob says it doesn't exist. Copenhagenize says it shouldn't exist.
Portland says life's not worth living without it... So what bike culture do we want?

Please join Jonathan Daly (GHD consulting), Elizabeth Cage (University of Sydney) and Josh Capelin (Producer, Sydney Bicycle Film Festival) for a fun and engaging conservation about the role of bike culture in Sydney now, and in the years ahead.

Tuesday November 16, 2010
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Digital Eskimo
Level 2, 44 Foster St Surry Hills
Sydney, New South Wales 2010

Free but please register via Eventbrite
http://novemberbrainstrust.eventbrite.com/.

Presented by BIKESydney BrainsTrust in conjunction with the Bicycle Film Festival.