[CAMWEST-announce] New Cycle Mapping Site

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Sat Feb 19 21:29:23 EST 2011

Fellow CAMWESTies Inc,
                                     here is a link to a new website I was told about today. Similar to Google Maps, except for cyclists. Unfortunately it is only Sydney Based at the moment. Boundaries seem to be Penrith in the west, Brooklyn to the North & Helensburgh & Campbelltown to the south & south west. It is based on Open Street Maps

Simply type in your start & finish points & select the type of ride you wish to do, direct, safe or safer & it will give you a map & directions. I have tried it on some of mu prefereed routes & it seems to be relatively faithful to what I have been riding. You can report hazards & inaccuracies. I believe you may be bale to add or suggest routes as well.

Have a look, try it & olet me know what you think. Email me at jonhol at bigpond.net.au with your thoughts.Ride The City - Sydney