[CAMWEST-announce] Fwd: event invitation

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Sat Sep 10 21:45:39 EST 2011

Fellow CAMWESTies & Long Paddock Riders,
                                                                  This looks like a nice ride. Nundle is about 60km south east of Tamworth in some slightly hilly country, so don't be fooled by the short distance of this little ride. The distance between Nundle & Hanging Rock is only about 12 Km but in that distance you climb  a little over 600 metres. The road is sealed now, but it used to boast the steepest section of public road in NSW before they did some realignment on the "Devil's Elbow"

Nundle is a very pleasant village of about 300 people on the banks of the Peel River. There is a very quaint pub, an antique store, a couple of cafes & little else. The camping ground is very well appointed & there are several places along the river & around Hanging Rock where you can camp.

Sheba Dams are two man made dams on Swampy Creek. One covers about 5 acre or 2 hectares & the smaller one slighly more than a hectare.

So, if you don't anticiapte doing the 'Gong Ride, this could be a nice little alternative for you.

Entry form available by following the link below.

Subject: event invitation

The Nundle/Hanging Rock Westpac Helicopter Support Group would like to invite your members to attend this year’s Le Tour de Rocque cycle event – its a challenge! Entry form and further information can be downloaded from: http://letourderocque.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/le-tour-de-rocque-entry.pdf
The race will finish with presentations following a free bbq brunch at Sheba Dam – closest you may ever get to having a picnic at Hanging Rock J
Hope you can join us, Regards, Kerrie Fearby, Secretary