[CAMWEST-announce] Bicycle NSW AGM

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Tue Nov 22 17:49:38 EST 2011

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                               many of you are also members of Bicycle NSW and should be aware that there Annual general Meeting will be held on Wednesday 30 November 2011 . Notice of Bicycle NSW AGM This is the link to the Notice of Meeting. If you are a member you should have received an email with a code to allow you to vote on line via Computershare. That opportunity to vote on line closes at 6.00pm tonight 22 November 2011.

If you haven't yet cast your vote, you still have two opportunities to do so. You can lodge a proxy vote by mailing it to BNSW before 6pm on Sunday 27 November 2011, or by attending the AGM in person on 30 November 2011.

Proxy forms are available on line, or by phoning BNSW. As well as voting to fill two vacancies on the Board, you will also be asked to vote on four changes to the BNSW Constitution. THESE CHANGES HAVE BEEN PROPOSED BY MEMBERS OF BNSW via THE BUG COUNCIL  NOT THE CURRENT BOARD. I would urge you very strongly to direct your proxies as most of them will be held by the President. I will be attending, but I can only hold five proxy votes.

I am not going to ask you to vote in any particular fashion, that is a decision for yourself, but I am personally supportive of the decision by the BUG Council. I urge you to carefully consider the candidates standing for the Board at this AGM. One vacancy has been created by the current Chairperson, Jenny Burn, deciding not to seek re-election at the expiration of her term & Richard Birdsey, the current Vice - President being required to seek re-election due to the expiry of his current tenure.

I believe this AGM could well be a major turning point for Bicycle NSW and as such, it is very important you make an informed decision and elect to voice that opinion by way of a vote at the AGM.