[CAMWEST-announce] CAMWEST UPDATES

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Mon Jan 23 17:09:02 EST 2012

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                just a quick update of what's happening around CAMWEST territory-
First up, Westlink M7 have updated their maps here & you can download them from that link. Did you know there are 61 entry points for cyclists and pedestrians along the 40km of shared path running beside the M7?
A few words of warning though: This is a shared path, so expect pedestrians, skateboards & dog walkers along the path. There is also the ongoing chance you will encounter the occasional motorised transport along the path as it is a service track as well. These vehicles will be well marked & either stationary or moving at a slow pace. You may also encounter motor cycles on the path. Westlink M7 do have regular Police patrols to counter these illegal activities, but can't have a Police presence 24 hours per day. If you encounter a motor cycle, simply contact Westlink M7 on 98349200 any time (24 hrs) and report the activity. If they don't know about it, they can't stop it. You can report any issue relating to the path on that number ( maintenance issues, flood debris, broken glass or other obstacles & I am sure they would also appreciate positive feedback as well.)

CAMWEST Rides - I am hoping to host some regular rides in the coming months. These will mainly be mid week rides of between 20 to 30km distances suitable for recreational riders. I am not a racer, so a comfortable 15 to 20 km average pace will be the norm. There are a multitude of rides possible, so let me know if there is a particular ride you would like to do & I will try and include it in the calendar. The next ride will be Wed 1st February 2012 - tell me where to go before Friday 27 January 2012 - 0900 hrs start time somewhere near Parramatta - 20 to 30 km distance about 3.5 hrs duration. A coffee stop is a must have requirement, otherwise I will select a route.

CAMWEST COMPETITION: Some of you might have missed it, but we have had a whole year of free bicycle parking in Parramatta donated to us. This prize includes free secure parking 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in a secure bicycle cage in either the Erby Place or Horwood Place car parks and includes full time use of shower, toilet & lockers. These are for exclusive use of bicycle parking clients. The prize is worth $240-00. So, if you want to win this prize or want to win it for someone else, tell us in about 50 words why we should give this to you. I only have one entry so far. This was a prize won in the recent Parramatta City Council Commuter Challenge which was won by a lady who already has access to secure parking and showers at her work place.

CAMWEST AGM
As part of our new Constitution we are required to hold an AGM very shortly- This is an important part of us retaining our Incorporated status and is a legal requirement. I have made a few inquiries around the traps & a suitable date at this stage seems to be TUESDAY 21 FEBRUARY 2012 IN THE EVENING. Could you please let me know as soon as possible if this is not a suitable date. Venue & exact time to be announced when the date is set. The only other alternative after this may be an afternoon meeting on a weekend in March. Be warned, we will need volunteers for all executive positions.