[CAMWEST-announce] Fwd: ISF bike rider-bus driver interaction survey

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Mon Apr 2 13:05:16 EST 2012

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                               please take the time to have a look at this survey & complete if you have the time.

To participate in the survey please click on this link:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/M32PSXM

We encourage you to distribute this survey widely through your networks. Thank you very much for your support!

We would like to invite you to participate in a survey that investigates the interactions of bike riders and bus drivers in Sydney. The survey is undertaken by the Institute for Sustainable Futures, University of Technology, Sydney. It is sponsored by the City of Sydney Environmental Grants Program 2011/2012.

This survey has 12 questions and should take about 10 minutes of your time. Your responses will help us develop recommendations for bus drivers to interact more confidently and safely with bike riders. Importantly, the survey seeks examples of exemplary bus driver behaviour that bike riders have experienced. We plan to conduct a similar survey with bus drivers in order to develop input to the education of bike riders. Participation is voluntary, and all data collected will be anonymous. The survey will be open until Sunday, April 15 2012.

Background information:

The City of Sydney is aiming for 10 per cent of all trips within the City to be undertaken by bike by 2016. This target requires a large number of people to change their transport behaviour in a relatively short period of time. However, sharing the road with motor vehicles, particularly with larger vehicles such as buses, is a source of anxiety for both new and more experienced bike riders. Given that bike ridership in Sydney is still comparably low both bus drivers and bike riders have not yet established norms on how to interact with each other in a safe and harmonious way.

For feedback or more information, please contact christiane.baumann at isf.uts.edu.au.

[...]

Please complete the below survey for the Institute for Sustainable Futures.

Share it with your network, as appropriate.

Kind Regards,

P PRINT? b DRIVE?
Rebecca Lehman | Associate | GTA Consultants | 0432 427 766

D van den Dool  Director (NSW)  GTA Consultants  02 8448 1800
he information contained in this email is confidential and is the subject of professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this email or its attachments is unauthorised. If you have received this document in error, please notify GTA Consultants by return email