[CAMWEST-announce] Show your support for the portals in the Lennox Bridge on Sat 17 Nov at 10.30am

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at au1.ibm.com
Mon Nov 5 21:08:57 EST 2012

Fellow cyclists... we need your help!

Parramatta Council have an exciting plan to put portals in the approaches
to the Lennox Bridge in Parramatta. The portals will mean unhindered access
on both sides of the river,  west to Parramatta Park and beyond, and east
to Sydney Olympic Park and the city. It's a watershed moment - we mustn't
miss the opportunity.

A great deal of thought has gone into this proposal, and although I was
initially sceptical about making modifications to this beautiful old
bridge, I am now an enthusiastic supporter. I believe it to be an excellent
example of adaptive reuse.

But we need to show our support as there is large group of vocal opponents.

Please come along to the meeting at the Lennox bridge on Saturday, 17 Nov,
at 10.30am to show your support.

Please bring your family and friends. Cyclists, runners and walkers will
all benefit from this fantastic change. And it will bring a new
appreciation of the beautiful Lennox bridge for us all.

Please come!

Looking forward to seeing you there. Please let me know if you intend to
come.

Thanks and regards
Paul

Paul Bowyer