[CAMWEST-announce] [CAMWEST-discuss] Show your support for the portals in the Lennox Bridge on Sat 17 Nov at 10.30am

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Mon Nov 5 22:10:21 EST 2012

Hi Paul,
           Unfortunately I have a prior family commitment in the country that weekend & won't be able to attend.

I agree with your sentiments re the bridge entirely. I too had misgivings about the portals, but I believe the planned work will have little effect on the visual appeal of this wonderful old bridge and will open up the entire Parramatta River from Sydney Olympic Park to Parramatta Park.

Once other planned works are completed over the next few years, that link will be entirely off road. This will be a wonderful facility for Western Sydney, opening up the northern banks of the Parramatta River to walkers, joggers, wheelchairs & cyclists and at the same time, linking two very significant recreational areas in Western Sydney to passive transport and active enjoyment.

Please come along & show your support (or opposition) to this proposal, all opinions are welcome.