[CAMWEST-announce] the portals in the Lennox Bridge

Mark Robson (Austral Wright) Mark.Robson at australwright.com.au
Tue Nov 6 14:53:28 EST 2012

On the basis that this is a discussion forum and opinions can be expressed openly:

I would like to point out that there is an alternative for cyclists that doesn't exactly
create huge problems.

By crossing the big park near the church and using the Victoria Rd traffic lights to cross Church St
Even the most timid cyclist can pass through here without the portals.

A decent commuter cyclist can use Sorrel St and cross Church st unassisted near the café.

I done both of these and they are equally effective in passing Church St.

An uninterrupted off-road path from Westmead through Parramatta Park all the way to Olympic Park
Is our goal, but denying these portals will not totally stop this goal. A short bypass is reasonable and easily possible.

Now I'm not saying do not support this gathering. Cyclists should always be supportive of one another's efforts in advocacy.

But I believe there is a viable alternative for cyclists so don't get too focussed on winning one battle.
The big picture is uninterrupted off-road path from Old Winsdor Rd to Olympic Park.

Mark