[CAMWEST-announce] Fwd: Bicycles for Humanity

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Mon Dec 17 07:05:12 EST 2012

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                  received this from Matt Doherty, quite a worthwhile way of getting rid of that bike your partner is always pestering you about & also making room for a new addition to the garage.

g'day John,

I was hoping you could forward this information to the CAMWEST list concerning a great opportunity to give that old (back-up?) bike a new lease on life - in southern Africa! See the blurb below.

The folks at Bicycles for Humanity (B4H) have collections in Sydney a couple of times a year including one early next year. It's pretty straightforward: collection of old bikes, a bit of mechanical tinkering before loading them onto a container and shipping the bikes to southern Africa. Bikes really can be the most effective means of development aid.

Please let me know if you are open to hearing more about Bikes for Humanity and their events (including volunteering opportunities). If Barangaroo is too far for CAMWEST members but there is nevertheless interest in the program, let me know and I might be able to work out some way of getting the bikes to B4H. And if there's a better email contact at CAMWEST for this information please also let me know.

regards,
Matt Doherty

"Not sure what to do with your second bike, or the one thats never getting used? Why not donate it to help create simple, sustainable, empowerment in African communities? On 15 February 2013 Bikes for Humanity  are accepting donations at Barangaroo. Get your trusty steed there and we'll give it new life so that it keeps on giving. Click here for more " http://www.bikesforhumanity.com.au/donate-a-bike/sydney-collection-points/