[CAMWEST-announce] Valet Bike Parking Volunteers needed for Australia Day

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Thu Jan 3 22:19:42 EST 2013

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                  we have been contracted, in conjunction with Bike Sydney, to operate a Free Valet Bike Parking Service at Parramatta Park for Australia Day and we need volunteers. If you have an hour or so to spare through the day, please let us know of your availability. I have attached a copy of the roster so you know what times are available. Even half an hour through the busy times would be appreciated. So, ride your bike to the Park, give us a bit of your spare time & then go and enjoy the festivities while someone else looks after your bike for you.

This will be a pilot programme & if successful we will try and promote it within the community for future events. Bike Sydney own the equipment and have made several generous options available to us to borrow, lease or buy the equipment necessary to provide this service. The service can be quite profitable and would allow CAMWEST to become more active in cycling advocacy and events within the community.