[CAMWEST-announce] Fwd: [bugcouncil] Ride Leader Registrations Open Now

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Thu Jan 10 14:46:33 EST 2013

Fellow CAMWesties,
                                anyone interested in becoming a BNSW Ride Leader. CAMWest is happy to pay your registration costs* upon successful completion of the course.
*Conditions apply - you must successfully complete the course and lead at least three rides on behalf of CAMWest. You must also be a member of BNSW.

Subject: [bugcouncil] Ride Leader Registrations Open Now

Hi all,

Matt Skinner (who is managing our Programs) has asked that I forward this message to the BUG Council (since he cannot send to this list from his account).

See below for details of the next Ride Leader course...

Cheers,

Tony Arnold
Information & Collaboration Director

Bicycle NSW ( www.bicyclensw.org.au )

Location:
Bicentennial Drive
Bicentennial Park
Sydney Olympic Park

Postal Address:
PO Box 293
Concord West NSW 2138

T: 02 9704 0802
M: 0407 899 003
F: 02 9746 2600
Creating a better environment for cycling

Hi all,

The next Ride Leader course will be held in Sydney on Sunday, 17 February.

The course run at the new Bicycle NSW office on Bicentennial Drive (just inside the gates on Bennelong Parkway) in Bicentennial Park, Sydney Olympic Park (click here to see a map of the area). The parkland setting is a great spot for the course, with the relatively quiet roads providing a great environment for learning the finer points of leading a ride.

The cost of the course is the same as last year - $66 - and covers lunch and light refreshments throughout the day. Start time is 0800 and participants are asked to aim to arrive at 0745 to ensure we start on time. Expected finishing is around 1600.

Participants are required to bring along a volunteer for the day. Your volunteer will be riding with a group as an 'actor' simulating real-life situations so they must be confident on their bike.

If someone you know is keen to plan, promote and conduct safe, social, fun rides please let them know about this upcoming Ride Leader course. There is some pre-course work required which must be submitted by Monday 11 February, so the sooner you register the better!

Simply head to https://sitedesq.imgstg.com/eventsregform/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_event_detail&EventID=13023&OrgID=3380 to register.

If you have any questions, or are having trouble registering please email programs at bicyclensw.org.au.

Those living out of Sydney are more than welcome to attend. We are planning on holding Ride Leader courses in regional areas later this year, however this is still in the planning stages, so if you would like to take the course sooner rather than later please join us on February 17th.

Regards,

--

Matt Skinner
Membership Officer

Bicycle NSW
PO Box 293
Concord West
NSW, 2138
T: 02 9704 0801
F: 02 9746 2600
Creating a better environment for Cycling!
Internet: www.bicyclensw.org.au
Please consider the environment before printing my e-mail