[CAMWEST-announce] Fwd: Bicycle BirdWatch

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Mon Feb 4 13:17:38 EST 2013

Hi Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                       How many species of bird do you think inhabit the foreshores of the Parramatta River? 5,10 or more? Here is an opportunity to find out.

This is a short 6Km,three hour ride along the Parramatta River from Rydalmere Wharf to Wharf Road Melrose Park (Ermington Boat Ramp) open to all ages - Children from  aged 8 welcome but if under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Adults of any age are also welcome, but preferably accompanied by a child.

Come along & discover some of the hidden & not so hidden birds that inhabit the parks & foreshore of the Parramatta River. Commentary & Binioculars supplied, but feel free to bring your own binoculrs.

The ride will be supervised by a trained Ride Leader from CAMWEST Bicycle User Group Inc & commentary by Aimee Friemanis from Parramatta City Council.

This is a great little educational ride which allows you to explore & appreciate this lovely stretch of Shared Path along the river. The entire ride is off road, pace is VERY slow & refreshments will be provided. Toilets available along the route at two places.

I have done two of these rides with Aimee & can thoroughly recommend her knowledge of birds. Come along & be surprised at the number of different bird species along the river.

Information about the event can be found at the following websites:

·         http://www.parracity.eventbrite.com/  (this is the website where people can register)
·         http://www.parracity.nsw.gov.au/play/whats_on/events_calendar/events AND/OR
·         http://www.discoverparramatta.com/events/sport_and_recreation/get_back_to_nature_in_2013_-_bicycle_bird_watch  See if you can recognise one of the Bird Watchers on this link

Registrations will not open for this event until Monday 18 February 2013 at 9.30am.  And we ask that everyone be registered so we know how many to expect and we also ask people to agree to terms and conditions when they register.