[CAMWEST-announce] Fwd: 3 weeks till the Parramatta Commuter Challenge Top Tips for Champions

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Wed Feb 13 21:16:03 EST 2013

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                  Do you ride to work? Do you commute by train,bus or ferry? You can be a part of the Commuter Challenge. Start or join a team at your workplace. Costs you nothing & you have a chance to win some great prizes.
Don't commute by any of these methods? Perhaps you walk, or car share? You can still join the commuter challenge.
You drive to your place of work in your own car? Now is the chance to explore your other options and perhaps get fitter, lose some weight, save some money or just have a change.
 Work from home? No problems, register as well & ride to the shops, ride the kids to school or ride for recreation. It doesn't matter why you ride or take the bus, or car share, you can still be part of this great challenge.

Hi,

The Parramatta Commuter Challenge is back - we'd love you to be part of it again!

We can’t wait to get started and have been busy organising lots of events to give as many people as possible the chance to get into work using sustainable modes of transport.

In 2011, 224 employees from 11 workplaces took part. This year is set to be even bigger, so don’t miss out!

What if more people cycled, walked or took the bus?

There would be less cars on the road, the air would be cleaner and the streets would be safer. This is why we want to get more people out of their cars and the Parramatta Commuter Challenge is a proven programme to do just this.

How many people can you encourage to leave their car at home for the Challenge and try a different, more sustainable commute to work?

Top Tips

1. Make sure everyone knows about it - Have you sent an email to all staff? Have you put up posters and distributed flyers? Have you talked about it in staff meetings?

2. Get colleagues signed up - Are those who ride to work signed up? Get them on board and ask them to help you spread the word.

3. Make it easy - Do you have any office pool bikes you could use, timetables for bus and train routes or scenic walking routes?

4. Make it fun - Can you organise a social ride or walk around the local park or to a pub? Choose a route, set a date, get an invite out and off you go!

Remember, any member of staff can take part. Staff only need to log a sustainable trip to win. It’s numbers of staff participating not miles that count.

Need some tips or advice? Get in touch or check out the champions webpage.

Happy cycling,

Susanne

--
Susanne McLellan
Challenge Co-ordinator

smclellan at parracity.nsw.gov.au

Unsubscribe from the Parramatta Commuter Challenge email list.
Copyright (C) 2013 Challenge for Change all rights reserved. Challenge for Change, Bristol, BS1 5UB.