[CAMWEST-announce] Fwd: Leichhardt Bike Budget Cut - media photo shoot in Annandale (Whites Ck) tomorrow (Sat) 10am

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Fri Jun 28 03:48:21 UTC 2013

From: Paul Falzon <paul.falzon at gmail.com>
To: John Holstein <jonhol2 at netscape.net>
Cc: david.borella <david.borella at bikesydney.org>
Sent: Fri, Jun 28, 2013 1:43 pm
Subject: Leichhardt Bike Budget Cut - media photo shoot in Annandale (Whites Ck) tomorrow (Sat) 10am

Hi John,

can you forward to those in CamWest?

thanks

Paul

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Falzon <pfalzon at austroads.com.au>
Date: 28 June 2013 13:35
To: "paul.falzon at gmail.com" <paul.falzon at gmail.com>

From: David Borella [mailto:david.borella at bikesydney.org]
Sent: Friday, 28 June 2013 1:33 PM
To: Headset (bsyd)

Hi all

Time for some action...
Leichhardt Council's decision to cut bike funding for 2013/14 is a dismal one. BIKESydney is going to press with this story.
We will be doing a press piece with the Alternative Media Group* including a photo shoot and we're calling on friends to appear with their bikes for that photo.

The idea is to show a project and the people (demographics) that will now miss out due to the funding cut. Along with Bob at Bike Leichhardt, we were keen to have Council develop the flat, off-road/back-streets, kid- and family-friendly Whites Creek path (between the "2km" and "10km" markers shown on this map).
If you're keen to join the photo shoot, please meet at
10am on
Saturday 29 June 2013
at the corner of Styles and Alfred Sts, Annandale.

It shouldn't take long.
Absolutely everyone is welcome, and we are particularly keen to get women, kids and the .."more experienced" (elderly) rider into shot if you know of anyone that would like to contribute some energy toward winning a green, off-road route through the borough. All the demographics that are under-represented in Leichhardt LGA cycling scene for lack of safe cycling infrastructure...
Let either Bob or I know if we can expect you and yours...
It's a good excuse for a ride, some civil action and meetup if nothing else :-)

Could you please pass this request through your networks?

Let's get bikes back on the agenda at Leichhardt Council - the western gateway to the CBD.

[Keep your eyes open for other appearances in the media in the coming week - the local papers appear to have taken to this story. I was also interviewed by the Sun Herald this morning]

Thanks
Dave

* AMG produce CityHub, CITYNEWS, The Bondi View and The Independent

David Borella

President

BIKESydney
bicycles and a liveable city

M. 0416 055 266| T. 61 2 8213 2437

PO Box M59 Missenden Road, Camperdown NSW 2050

www.bikesydney.org    www.facebook.com/bikesydney

Savour it, treasure it, save it...do you really need to print it?

warm regards,

Paul Falzon

Convenor
Guildford Progress Association