[CAMWEST-announce] Fwd: Spring Cycle - A great opportunity for your BUG to get involved!

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Fri Aug 9 09:55:51 UTC 2013

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                   I will be in SA when the Spring Cycle takes place, but is there anyone interested in volunteering opportunities at the Spring Cycle this year? If so Tony Henderson or the girls at Eventeamwork would love to hear from you. If you have any inquiries about what is involved, feel free to contact either myself or Rob Kemp for details

Sent: Fri, Aug 9, 2013 5:28 pm
Subject: Spring Cycle - A great opportunity for your BUG to get involved!

Hi John

I know you are deep involved in all things Volunteering with Bicycle NSW, but thought I would still send this email on to you as i have sent it to all the BUGs.

Camwest may be interested in a stall if you can stretch your members that far.

Thanks
Tony

Help us create a better environmentfor cycling through the Spring Cycle Volunteer TeamOR as a Stall Holder at one of the Festival Finish Sites! This is agreat way for your members to get involved in cycling and help make this eventpossible. In particular it’s an exciting way for members who are new to thecycling community to get started and share cycling with the wider community.

How does it work?
Volunteering- We are lookingfor groups of members from Bicycle User Groups to volunteer as Route Marshalsin a sector of the Spring Cycle course. Your groupwould manage one sector with the help of a dedicated Team Leader. We havesectors of many sizes available for groups of 7-20 members! You can evenget two sectors if there are more people who would like to get involved.

As a Route Marshal your members willbe positioned along the route and their job is to direct the riders, warn themof any hazards and of course, give them a cheer along the way. Route Marshalsare NOT permitted to direct motor traffic. Route Marshals may stop cyclists ifnecessary and hold them until traffic is clear and give them instructions as toconditions further on.

Plus all volunteers receive a complementaryride number and when your sector finishes your group can RIDE TO THEFINISH TOGETHER FOR FREE!

StallHolder –Interested in promoting your BUG to 10,000+ cyclists? Why not have a presenceat one of the two Festival Finish Sites? The finishsites are a festival feast of cycling with thousands of people coming togetherto celebrate their ride and cycling. Keen cyclists will be looking tojoin a cycling group, find their next ride or get the latest information intheir area. If your BUG is keen to reserve a spot at Sydney Olympic Park orPyrmont contact Bicycle NSW ASAP as places are limited.

Volunteering as a group is great wayto develop relationships and make the community of cycling stronger.

If you are interested in volunteeringas a route marshal, please email us at volunteer at bicyclensw.org.au or call us on 0477 499 130.
If you are interestedin reserving a stall, please email info at springcycle.com.au or call us on 9704 0806

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Bicycle NSW Team

Get inspired by WesternSydney Cycling BUG which brings a group of 20+ volunteers to Spring Cycle eachyear!

--

Tony Henderson
Portfolio Director – Events

Bicycle NSW
Office:
Bicentennial Drive
Bicentennial Park
Sydney Olympic Park, NSW, 2127

Postal:
PO Box 293
Concord West NSW 2138

T: 02 9704 0809
M: 0423 137 971
F: 02 9746 2600

'Creating a better environment for Cycling'
Internet: www.bicyclensw.org.au
Please consider the environment before printing my e-mail