[CAMWEST-announce] Fwd: Australian Cyclists Party

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Wed Oct 9 07:28:52 UTC 2013

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                  I have no political ties & support a local member who does what is needed for their constituents, regardless of party politics.

I am forwarding this email from Omar Khalifa without recommendation or endorsement as I believe it is time cyclists stood up for their rights on the roads. Both sides of mainstream politics use cycling as a platform, but appear to lack the will to follow through, so a few cycling advocates in the Senate may give us some bargaining power.

To be eligible to register as a Party to contest the next state election (March 2015) The Australian Cyclist Party requires 750 people to be registered as members of the party. You may NOT belong to another political party & must be registered on the Australian Electoral Roll. To register, download the attached form, fill it out by hand & forward it to :

The Secretary
Australian Cyclists Party
PO Box 460
Berry, NSW 2535.

This is a "grass roots" political movement & as members you will be entitled to vote in pre selection for candidates, play a part in formulation of Party policy & have a say in distribution of preferences to other parties standing for election to the Upper House (Senate) of the NSW State Parliament.

This is a great opportunity to have a decisive and positive action for cycling in NSW.