[CAMWEST-announce] Fwd: URGENT - Call for separated bike path Katoomba to Mt Victoria

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Thu May 29 23:07:07 UTC 2014

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                  Keep the ball rolling. Pass on to your own cycling communities.

Subject: Fwd: URGENT - Call for separated bike path Katoomba to Mt Victoria

Hi Friends,

Just a quick note. Have a read of the email below regarding the safety improvements on the Great Western Hwy between Katoomba and Blackheath that are currently receiving community consultation.

At the moment, RMS "Potential Treatments Report" flags improvements for cyclists and pedestrians along the highway "where possible". I would say that this position is simply not good enough and that any improvements to the highway must provide safe separation for bike riders along the entirety of the highway corridor between Katoomba and Blackheath.

If you could take a few minutes to provide comment and send an email to RMS, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Adrian